Saturday, June 28, 2008

Magic, Food and Sleep

Sleep is a weapon.

This is a concept that has been around for generations. First time I heard this statement, it was in Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Identity (the book not the movie). I have since latched onto this concept. It speaks to me on many levels. This is never been more true than last night at the Magic Castle. As my previous blog entry mentioned, I went to the midnight showing of Wall-E (once again I mention that this is a must see). If you do the math is easy to figure out that I didn't get to sleep much before 3: 30 in the morning. So when my alarm went off at 7:30 in the morning, I woke up (against my better judgment).

So.......... sleep is a weapon.

My family was invited to go to the Magic Castle in Hollywood. It is essentially a dinner club with several Magic shows. Never enter any place called the Magic Castle on four hours of sleep. This is my little piece of advice to anyone out there who's thinking of going to some place called the Magic Castle on four hours of sleep because you too will be mystified as to how they are doing the things that they are doing. Generally, I give the place a rank of 7/10. It was fun. The food was exceptional and the entertainment was fun. And, in one of the shows they chose my brother to go up on stage. Unlike myself, my brother is rather reserved and quiet. Despite this, there he was, on stage, playing it up and playing along with the magicians. For me, that was the best part of the evening. Well, maybe the second best part of the evening, my filet was awesome (cooked to perfection).

Have I mentioned that sleep is a weapon?

This morning, I got home around 1 a.m. and despite my exhaustion, I was unable to get to sleep until after 3 a.m. I was then up again at 7:30 in the morning. This time it was an opportunity to go see Wall-E at the Disney employee screening. Since I enjoyed the movie so much, and I was seeing it for free, I, of course, went and saw it again (yes, it really is that good). For the rest of the day I've been running around taking care of little odds and ends. And now it is 11:30 p.m.. I'm so tired it hurts, but I promised my friend I would blog more often.

So here it is, my sleep deprived blog. If I hadn't been lacking sleep, I might have had the weapon I needed to make a profound statement about blogging under the influence of exhaustion. As it stands, I'm going to bed!

No comments: